SWANSEA — Chief Marc Haslam is pleased to announce that the Swansea Police Department is seeking qualified candidates for the position of full-time police officer.
The Swansea Police Department is seeking qualified applicants for the position of full-time police officer. The individual should demonstrate good moral character and judgment, be able to handle high-pressure situations and demonstrate good problem-solving and leadership skills.
The starting pay is $67,650 per year, plus benefits.
Those interested should apply online here. Applications must be completed online by Friday, March 24. at 4 p.m.
A written exam will be held at the Swansea Police Department on Thursday, April 6 at 6:30 p.m.
Upon passing the written examination, candidates will be required to complete a physical agility test (PAT). The PAT will consist of one-minute push-ups, one-minute sit-ups, a 1.5-mile walk/run and a 300-meter run. Successful candidates will then participate in an oral interview, medical examination, psychological examination and intensive background check.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens
- 21 years of age or older at the time of the written examination
- Must have at least 60 college credits; and/or
- 2 years of active military service and/or
- 4 years of National Guard/Reserve Service while possessing GED or High School diploma
- Must be eligible to obtain a Class A license to carry a firearm
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Be able to obtain and maintain Massachusetts POST Commission Certification
For questions about the hiring process, please contact Lt. Patrick Mooney at 508-674-8464.
The Town of Swansea is an equal opportunity employer. No person shall be denied equal access because of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity.