HONOR • RESPECT • PRIDE • INTEGRITY
The Honor Guard is one of the most visible parts of the police department. The Swansea Police Honor Guard was established out of a strong desire to better represent the department and community in a variety of events. These include:
- line-of-duty Officer deaths
- wakes and funerals for retired and current employees of the department
- town events such as school sporting events, Officer promotional ceremonies, the Police Department Open House
- town parades
- Annual 9/11 Battleship Massachusetts Ceremony
- National Law Enforcement Officer’s Memorial in Washington DC
- presenting the colors for the National Anthem at the Boston Red Sox, Boston Celtics, Boston Bruins and Pawtucket Red Sox games.
Officers in the Honor Guard have regular assignments on both the day shift and night shift. The unit practices regularly year-round so that each person is proficient with flags, rifles, and at each spot in the formation.
Current members of the Honor Guard are:
- Officer Keith Lake – Commander
- Officer Robert Wilson
- Detective Keith Chomka
- Officer Amy Gallant
- Officer Zachary Sousa
- Officer Charles Rowland
- Detective Jon Boyd
To contact the Honor Guard or to schedule us for an event, send email to Officer Keith Lake.