Chief Marc Haslam reports that the Swansea Police Department arrested a Swansea man on child rape, drug and firearms charges as a result of an investigation and search warrant execution.
JOSHUA M. ANDRADE, AGE 20, of SWANSEA, was arrested and charged with:
- Rape of a Child with Force (2 counts)
- Statutory Rape of a Child
- Reckless Endangerment of a Child
- Improper Storage of a Large Capacity Firearm
- Unlicensed Possession of an Assault Weapon
- Possession of Ammunition without an FID Card
- Possession of a Large Capacity Firearm (2 counts)
- Possession of a Firearm without an FID Card (2 counts)
- Possession with Intent to Distribute a Class B Drug (2 counts)
- Possession with Intent to Distribute a Class C Drug
- Possession with Intent to Distribute a Class D Drug
- Possession with Intent to Distribute a Class E Drug
On Thursday, Dec. 22, at approximately 2:10 p.m., members of the Swansea Police Detective Unit, Abuse Unit and Patrol Division executed a court-authorized search warrant at 362 Wilbur Ave. — ANDRADE’S residence — in connection with an ongoing sexual assault investigation.
During the course of the search, officers located a 9mm Glock handgun, a large-capacity 9mm magazine, ammunition, a large amount of suspected marijuana, a large amount of psilocybin mushrooms, a large amount of Adderall, a large amount of Oxycodone, a large amount of alprazolam (Xanax), Suboxone, a large amount of cash and items believed to be related to a sexual assault.
ANDRADE was arrested at the scene at the time of the search.
The Swansea Police Department was assisted by the Somerset Police Department Detective Unit, Rehoboth Police K9 Unit and the Seekonk Police K9 Unit for the execution of the search warrants.
ANDRADE was arraigned on Friday in Fall River District Court, where he was ordered held without bail pending a 58A Dangerousness Hearing at a later date.