Chief Marc Haslam is pleased to announce that the Swansea Police Department is actively seeking academy-trained police officers.
The Swansea Police Department is seeking qualified applicants for the position of full-time police officer. The individual should demonstrate good moral character and judgment, be able to handle high-pressure situations and demonstrate good problem-solving and leadership skills.
Starting salary begins at $74,997.52 per year, with comprehensive benefits including:
- Educational incentive (Associates Degree (10%), Bachelors (20%), Masters (25%) if the degree is from an approved institution according to the Massachusetts Police Career Pay Program (PCIPP)
- Shift differential
- Robust health insurance plans
Candidates must have completed a full-time Massachusetts Municipal Police Training Committee (MPTC) or another state-certified police academy. Out-of-state officers must obtain an advisory letter from the MPTC regarding whether they may qualify for an exemption. For more information about the advisory letter, click here.
Applicants must be 21 years old, be U.S. citizens, have a valid Massachusetts motor vehicle operator’s license, and a license to carry for Massachusetts. They must also:
- Must have at least 60 college credits; and/or
- 2 years of active military service and/or
- 4 years of National Guard/Reserve Service while possessing a GED or High School diploma
- Be able to obtain and maintain Massachusetts POST Commission Certification
How To Apply
Those interested in applying for this position can access applications on policeapp.com. Interested candidates must create an account and pay a registration fee.
For questions about the hiring process, please contact Lt. Patrick Mooney at 508-674-8464
The Town of Swansea is an equal opportunity employer. No person shall be denied equal access because of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity.